How to Become a Christian
Take a moment to ponder these Questions:
1) Are you interested in spiritual things?
2) To you, who is Jesus?
3) Do you think there is a Heaven and Hell?
4) If you died, do you know where you’d go?
5) In your personal opinion, what do you understand it takes for a person to go to Heaven?
Here is how the Bible answers these questions:
1) God created us to have purpose and meaning in life through a personal relationship with His Son – Jesus.
So why don’t more people have this peace and purpose in life? The Bible says the problem is sin (wanting to do our own thing – in rebellion toward God)
Romans 3:23 says “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
(What does this verse say to you?) We are all in the same boat (ALL). Have you ever told a lie? How many lies does it take to make one a liar? Are we as good as God? Our standard should not be other people but God.
2) Because we are sinners we have earned certain wages.
Romans 6:23 says, “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
Because of our sin, we have earned death. The Bible speaks of death as a separation. When we die, our soul (who we really are) will separate from your body. Spiritual death happens when you are eternally separated form God because of unforgiven sins.
The good news is that Jesus paid our debt on the cross for us so we don’t have to die in our sins. We can have eternal life in Jesus – a gift that we cannot earn but must receive.
In John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the Way (to Heaven, to Salvation), the Truth, and the Life. No one can come to the Father but by me.”
JESUS IS THE WAY!
3) What are you going to do with Jesus?
John 1:12 says, “But as many as received Him (asked Jesus to come into their hearts), to them He gave power to become the children of God.”
It is not enough to just believe that there is a God. The devil and his demons believe there is a God (James 2:19) – yet they certainly are not Christians.
Someone has said that the difference between Heaven or Hell is about 12 inches – that is the distance between Jesus in your mind and Jesus in your heart!
4) Has there been a time in your life when you received Jesus Christ into your Heart and Life?
In Revelation 3:20, Jesus says, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice, and will open the door, I will come in.”
This door is the door to your heart and your life. Will you let Jesus in? He will not force His way in – you must open the door and invite Him into your life. It is up to you. Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
The Christian A-B-C’s:
A dmit that you are a sinner (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23)
B elieve in Jesus as your Lord and Savior (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Acts 16:31, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
C hoose to follow Jesus and Confess Him as the Lord of your life (Romans 10:9-10)
How do you invite Jesus into your heart?
Pray a simple prayer -like the following one- and truly mean it.
“Dear Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins and I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust You as Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ Name, Amen”
Did you Pray that Prayer? If you did, the Bible says…
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13
This is the beginning of a wonderful life in Christ.
To strengthen your relationship with Jesus, do the following:
- Thank Him right now for saving you from the burden, guilt, and punishment of your sin. Thank Him for Heaven to come. Thank Him for His love, compassion, forgiveness, and friendship.
- Find a Church to attend to praise God with other Believers.
- Follow the Lord in New Testament immersion. (Baptism)
- Read your Bible – God’s love letters to us. The book of John is a great place to start.
- Talk to God daily (Pray).
- Get into a Bible Study/ Fellowship Group with other believers in Jesus Christ.
Forsaking All I Trust Him
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16